A few weeks before the day my youth group left for Forward Conference, I asked my youth pastor, Pastor Matt, if I could still go. My sister Darby and I went together two years ago, and quotes from that year have been used in my speaking opportunities since then. My favorite phrase was spoken by Ben Prescott. He stated, “The enemy isn’t after you. He is after the calling on your life. The calling on your life doesn’t just affect you. The calling on your life is strong enough to touch millions of lives and change the world!”
Originally, I didn’t know if I would be moving away to Lynchburg for college this summer. I didn’t know how things would be. Therefore, I refrained from signing up for Forward on time. Thankfully, my youth pastor loves to see students engage with the Lord. He didn’t turn me away when I giddily asked about joining the group. We had the perfect number of people to fit inside of our van! Each student and leader had different longings and needs that they carried within them.
We left for Duluth, Georgia last Thursday. Pastor Jentezen Franklin’s church (Free Chapel) hosts Forward Conference every year. I was honestly looking forward to old traditions like the dating game, but they cut out a lot of “extra” things this year. It was really great as we went straight into God’s Presence!
The week before leaving for Forward, I found myself singing Jesus’ Name near my woods. Usually, prayers spill out of my spirit and mouth effortlessly. Not this time. I was struggling, didn’t understand some things, and not even knowing how to express what was going on inside of me. I clung onto the fact that I can declare my Father’s Name. I have also been seeking His truth in the areas of spiritual gifts and speaking in tongues. This topic can be interpreted in many different ways, and I have always been exposed to both sides. I have been scared to see the Holy Ghost break out in the past, but also invited Him in to do whatever He pleases. By the woods, I uttered some requests. I wanted to gain clarity on some topics. Jesus has also been telling me to “BE STILL” every single day! How do I know He is telling me something? It keeps popping up! I was driving down the road and it was pounding in my heart. I kept being reminded of those words. When I arrived at my friend’s house, I walked in to see a decorative cross waiting to be put up on the wall. Guess what it said? “BE STILL.” Those words have also been written in different devotionals I have read recently.
Let me share sermon notes, messages, songs, and thoughts from Forward Conference with you! I hope that as you look at these pictures and read the words, you feel a taste of what we experienced in that arena. Forward wasn’t just a moment we had. It is a movement. The things we witnessed and encountered are so strong that we have to share what the Lord has done. HE is the One we encountered. HE is the One who spoke.
Hillsong Pastor Carl Lentz got up on stage and shared that Pastor Jentezen said it was okay for him to preach on the Holy Spirit! Everyone was like, “Oooh what are we about to get?” Haha I was sitting there with big eyes thinking, “Really, Lord? You are so good and detailed! This is the first sermon and already on something I have been asking and seeking You about.” Pastor Carl stated straight facts! In many churches, we talk about God the Father. We want everyone to know who Jesus is. He died on the cross for us so that we can have eternal life, but the Holy Spirit usually gets “stuffed into a closet.” At one church, the pastor actually said they avoided talking about the Holy Spirit. They didn’t want people doing anything “crazy.” He didn’t want anything in the room that he couldn’t control. Wow. We NEED a Power bigger than we can control!
Have you ever been in an airport? I just had my first flying experience on my trip to Yellowstone National park and surrounding areas! While I was in there, I noticed the little walkways that made your walk time faster. I loved an analogy Pastor Carl gave about these “airport Holy Spirit walkways.” Sure, we can use our own legs and walk to the airport locations that we need to be at. The fast paced walking lane belts get us to those places faster. They move us further than we can move ourselves as we walk! We need the Holy Spirit to come up in and under us to do supernatural things we can’t do on our own.
As a teenager and young adult, Pastor Carl Lentz was introduced to church and engaged with the Holy Spirit. His church had older ladies who spoke in tongues, the people who always said “amen”, and no one ever knew exactly what to expect in a service. Carl’s friends started joking him about church and the things he was witnessing. They said it was all fake. An important part of Pastor Carl’s sermon was that a lot of the gifts of the Holy Spirit have been falsely used. He said, “Speaking in tongues is a gift counterfeited almost to the point of extinction.” While this is true, it is a gift that still holds value and one that God uses! Carl eventually invited his friends who had joked with him to church. He said that he was honestly praying “sister Sally” wouldn’t show up, that “brother Jim” would be quiet, and that everyone would stay in place! When Carl and his friends showed up to service, it was a night all about God’s Spirit and His Power! The pastor started prophesying and pointed in Pastor Carl’s direction. Carl pointed to himself and was questioning if it was him who was about to get a word from the Lord. Nope. The finger was pointed towards Carl’s skeptic friend who thought all the things that believers experienced was fake. Before the service ended, both the friend and Carl were out in the floor. It was real. It wasn’t that someone just pressured their faces and they fell to the ground. God Himself actually worked on their behalves. The skeptic friend turned into a MISSIONARY! He also invited all of his friends to meet Carl. He said that Carl had to show them what he had experienced in that church service! When all the guys showed up ready and expectant to meet with God, around twenty people got saved!!!! How powerful!
The title of Pastor Carl’s sermon was I’M GETTING BETTER. Read through these notes if you would like to! I will add another little personal thought at the bottom of them. Enjoy the capital letters as this is a peak into my phone journal notes. 🙂
- YOU WOKE UP WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD INSIDE OF YOU
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IS COMING
- WHEN JESUS WENT AWAY FROM EARTH BACK TO HEAVEN, IT WAS FOR OUR ADVANTAGE
- HE SENT THE DIVINE ENCOURAGER (THE HOLY SPIRIT)
“But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.” -John 16:7 (NIV)
- A POWER YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN IS GOING TO INVADE YOUR LIFE
- HOLY SPIRIT LED AND FED LIFE
- HE IS THE CHAIN BREAKER, WAY MAKER, AND LIFTER OF YOUR HEAD
- HE IS OUR STRENGTH
- You can’t live out a supernatural power without the Holy Spirit living inside of you.
- LIFT YOUR WEARY HEAD
- STOP STRIVING
- THERE IS A BETTER WAY
The next chapter of your faith starts with a renewed desire to get to know the Holy Spirit. Not more prayer. Not more conferences.
- TELL GOD THAT YOU WANT ALL HE HAS TO OFFER YOU.
- TRINITY-3 in 1
- -The three are equal but distinctly different
- -Unity in diversity
- -There is direct access to ALL 3
The Holy Spirit is responsible for regeneration through sanctification.
- The Lifter of your head is with you always.
- Get to know the Holy Spirit a little bit better.
God the Father initiated.
The Son declares “I am the Light.”
The Holy Spirit executes and brings things to life.
You don’t want to show up to an opportunity where God wants you to be filled and you show up empty.
- God opens doors for a lot of us, but we miss opportunities when we aren’t so full to the point of OVERFLOW
- WALK AND TALK IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Less about doctrine
More about survival
- Without the Holy Spirit, the entire faith picture is incomplete
- No matter what you face, the Holy Spirit will be your Strength // the COMFORTER
- He is calling us back to the things of the Holy Spirit
Speaking in tongues is providence of the Holy Ghost, but not the only proof of Him.
Stop being scared of the Holy Spirit to shake you up.
- POWER TO YOUR WORSHIP
- POWER TO THE PROPHETIC WORDS YOU GOT FROM HEAVEN
- WALKING AROUND YOUR SCHOOL
- WITHOUT POWER, THINGS DON’T WORK, YA’LL
- POWER SOURCE
- IF THERE IS NO POWER TO IT, YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING
- Don’t just do public speaking.
Don’t let this age of spiritual analysis turn into spiritual paralysis.
- It’s not going to be the most popular thing
- THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS MADE A WAY // DO IT ANYWAY
- We are worried people are going to be freaked out
- CHANGE YOUR GENERATION
WHAT DRAWS PEOPLE IN? REAL ENCOUNTERS WITH GOD
- Speaking in tongues confounds the devil and freaks him out!
- Someone who prophecies over you speaks about you without your consent
- A prophet is someone God uses to reveal what He has already said for you
- PROPHETIC GIFT
- Why miss out on opportunities because you’re scared of what people think?
- The Holy Spirit makes our natural work supernatural
The Holy Spirit honors people doing their jobs, knowing they are anointed, expecting the Holy Spirit to show up. This combination brings revival every time.
The local church is built on sacrificial humble people hungry for God.
The local church isn’t built on superstars.
YOU HAVE THE SAME POWER LIVING INSIDE OF YOU THAT LIVES INSIDE OF FAMOUS PASTORS AND WORSHIP LEADERS.
God doesn’t withhold something from you at salvation.
- We need to be more aware of the workings of the Holy Spirit.
- Expect power to boldly be a witness despite your weakness
- Your calling in life is to be a WITNESS // TO DECLARE WHAT JESUS CHRIST HAS DONE AND WHO HE IS
“Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: ‘Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ’‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.” -Acts 2:14-18 (NIV)
- Open up your own Bible
Apparently in courtrooms, there is something called witness tampering. It is when someone tries to bully and intimidate the witness so they don’t show up. This is what the enemy seeks to do with us. We feel God has called us to do something great for Him, but then little thoughts start to creep into our minds. “I messed up at that party. God won’t use me because of that.” “Everyone knows this happened to me. Who could see me as pure?” “Will anyone even show up to this ministry that the Lord has called me to start?” Thoughts like these come from our enemy named Satan. He will speak any lie into our minds trying to devour God’s Truth. A verse I have been thinking of recently is Luke 1:37 (NIV). It says, “For no word from God will ever fail.”
This message was right on time for me and SO many other people! It was honestly amazing and crazy how God’s Holy Spirit saturated and knocked on the doors of our lives in each and every session! So many times, I believe Christians feel like they are missing out on something if they have never spoken in tongues before. This would be something I have questioned lately. The “baptism of the Holy Ghost” is not the only way to receive the Holy Spirit. If we have asked Jesus into our lives to forgive us from our sins, then we immediately get the Holy Spirit. You don’t have to speak in tongues or prophesy in order to have the Holy Spirit. There are more spiritual gifts than we often hear talked about. Romans 12:6-8 (NIV) says, “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” God has gifted each believer with a unique set of gifts! We can constantly keep discovering more ways God has blessed us to reach others for His glory.
Whether thinking about speaking in tongues or not, we, believers, need to be more aware to the Holy Spirit around us.
Let’s welcome in the Holy Spirit to do what He has set out to do! Who are we to attempt to stand in His way? If we want to see a change in our lives, homes, and land, we can’t keep doing life or church the same old ways. It’s time we dig back to the basics, get alone with God, and ask for an outpouring of His Spirit!
After this sermon, I didn’t know how another one could be better! The Lord really used each speaker in a unique way to share an anointed message! DawnCheré Wilkerson from Vous Church in Miami opened up day two of Forward Conference! She honestly was adorable and bold as she shared Scripture that had been hidden in her heart. During her message, we witnessed her singing old songs from her teenage days and even do a little rap. The main purpose of her message was to share the power of our worship.
DawnCheré shared that in her own life, she and her husband, Rich Wilkerson Jr., have faced infertility. They have been married for seventeen years and just had their first child last year! Join me as we walk through notes from her sermon on the power of worship.
- Although we are ordinary men and women, we serve an extraordinary God!
- We face obstacles that make it seem like the miracles aren’t going to happen
- There is power in songs of deliverance
- MY GOD
“For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” -1 Corinthians 13:9-12 (KJV)
Now we only know in part for a lot of things.
There is Something for you to know right now though! There is Something to be assured of and to hold onto. HE cannot be shaken. It is important what you do know!
- I KNOW GOD IS MY STRENGTH
- God’s strength becomes reality when you realize how weak you are
- Your strength is not enough
The strength of God shows up in the middle of the midnight hour and when there’s more we don’t know than what we do know. With tears running down our faces, GOD SHOWS UP!
- GOD IS NOT waiting on your strength. He is waiting for you to surrender to His.
- GOD IS ABLE BUT IS WAITING FOR YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR STRENGTH ISN’T ENOUGH
- BOAST ABOUT YOUR WEAKNESS
- GOD’S STRENGTH IS FOUND IN US CHOOSING TO STAND FIRM AND BELIEVE THE PROMISES OF GOD
- GOD HAS PREPARED A GREAT FUTURE FOR YOUR LIFE
- STAND FIRM IN WHO GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE
WORTH THE TRUST
WORTH THE FIGHT
- STAND FIRM
- ITS NOT YOUR OWN STRENGTH YOU NEED
- ITS ALL GOD’S STRENGTH THAT YOU NEED
- WHEN YOU DO THINGS IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH, IT NEVER WORKS OUT LIKE YOU HAD PLANNED
- GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH YOU NEED EXACTLY WHEN YOU NEED IT
- BELIEVE IT TODAY
- GOD IS MY SONG
SONGS MARK YOUR LIFE AND TAKE YOUR MEMORY BACK TO MOMENTS
THERE IS POWER IN YOUR SONG TODAY
“The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” -Exodus 15:2 (CSB)
This song is passed down from generation to generation! We see it again in Psalm 118:14 (CSB). David says, “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
- This song of faithfulness has been passed down to David
- God hears the songs in the pastures
FROM THE PASTURES TO THE PALACE
IN THE VALLEYS AND VICTORIES, GOD STANDS WITH YOU!
Moms singing to babies growing inside of them is a level of communication deeper than we even realize.
- Music is vibrations of air interpreted by the brain. Perhaps it was music that was produced as the Spirit of God hovered over the deep.
- Music is far more powerful than we will ever understand.
- Music and singing connects with old people who do not communicate in any other way.
God has created the song within you to bring healing to the deepest parts of your life.
- GOD is MY SONG
- THERE IS POWER IN MY SONG
- PIT OF DESPAIR OR MOUNTAIN TOP OF VICTORY
- SOME THINGS YOU CANNOT EVEN PRAY OUT
- YOU CAN SING TO GOD IN YOUR LOWEST MOMENTS
- In EVERY season of your life, God is your SONG
- BREAKTHROUGH IS FOUND IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD
DON’T MISS WORSHIP
- YOU HAVE A GOD WHO HEARS YOU, CARES, and COMES TO YOUR RESCUE TODAY
- SONG OF THE LORD ALWAYS ON THEIR LIPS
WE SHALL OVERCOME
- SENDS LIGHT INTO THE DARKEST NIGHT
- GOD IS MY SALVATION
“Indeed, God is my salvation; I will trust him and not be afraid, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation.” -Isaiah 12:2 (CSB)
- SAVIOR OF THE WORLD
- GOD WHO IS DOING A NEW THING
- HE IS Y O U R JESUS
SALVATION FROM JESUS IN EVERY SEASON OF YOUR LIFE
Jesus has come to set you free from the things that seek to entangle you today. Whether it is fear, anxiety, the feeling of hopelessness, depression, worry, or anything else, God wants to redeem you from it.
- Sometimes we forget what we KNOW
Psalm 46:10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD
This is exactly how I worded this in my notes. Out of all the Bible verses DawnCheré could have used in her sermon, God snuck this one in there! I am constantly amazed at our God! Psalm 46:10 (NIV) declares, “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’”
- YOUR PRIVATE MOMENTS WITH GOD DICTATE HOW YOU WALK PUBLICLY
Pastor Ben Prescott
- ACTS 9
- God encounter
- vs 6 “What do you want me to do?”
- Know God is real. There is something I’m supposed to do.
- Don’t settle.
- Don’t stay where you are.
- GET UP
YOU ARE CALLED TO DO SOMETHING GREAT
- I’VE GOT SOMETHING I WANT YOU TO DO
- SPEECHLESS HEARING AND EXPERIENCING THIS VISION
- IT’S SOMETHING GREAT GOD HAS FOR YOU DESPITE WHAT’S GOING ON AROUND YOU
FROM GLORY TO GLORY
- CALLED TO GET UP
- NOT CALLED TO STAY THERE
- There is always more of God
- “God, I want You to move” suggests that God is not where He needs to be
While Pastor Ben’s wife was pregnant, she craved burgers from a local place in town. One day, she asked Ben to go pick up an some food she had already ordered. When he got there, the restaurant was extremely busy! He was in the line to place an order for about fifteen minutes! He thought he was in the right spot when he looked over and saw an extremely short line underneath a sign that said “PICK UPS ONLY.” Hardly anyone was in the pick ups only line. Everyone was wanting to put in their customized and fresh order. Ben realized that his frustration of standing in line was his own fault. His order had already been made for him.
- Not the fault of the Provider
- Fault of my position
- On the cross, Jesus said it is finished
It’s not God that needs to move. It’s us.
- GET UP
- I’M NOT GOING TO STAY WHERE I AM
- I’M NOT GOING TO REMAIN IN THIS ADDICTION IN MY LIFE ANYMORE.
- After Samson messes up, he sits in a dungeon without eyes thinking that it is over
The moment he thought it was over and finished, HE HAD TO GET UP.
The minute Elijah thought it was all over, God came and sent an angel to him.
Like Peter, the moment we start to doubt from unbelief and start to sink, God tells us to GET UP.
“IT’S NOT OVER UNTIL I SAY ITS OVER”
DON’T STAY HERE. IT’S TIME TO GET UP.
HOW TO GET UP:
1- HAVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE AROUND YOU
- they won’t let you stay down
- gumption to look you in the face and speak the Truth to you
- IRON SHARPENS IRON
- SAFETY IN MULTITUDE
The man in the pool of Bethesda was surrounded by other lain men and women. That was a part of his problem! He needed people stronger and healthier than he was to carry him into the pool of healing!
2- EMBRACE A PRAYER L I F E
- THERE’S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRAYER MOMENT AND A PRAYER LIFE
- CONTINUALLY GETTING UP
- *pray without ceasing !!!
Be a group of teenagers who know how to pray. Don’t settle with silly religious phrases that God doesn’t like hearing anyway.
- START TO PRAY
- GOD WANTS TO BE INVOLVED IN THE LITTLE THINGS
A LOVING FATHER WANTS TO BE INVOLVED IN THE LITTLE THINGS
GOD IS MAKING CROOKED PATHS STRAIGHT
IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU WOULD START TO PRAY
3- KNOW THE PROMISE THAT YOU CAN STAND ON
- GET IN THE WORD OF GOD LIKE YOU GET IN INSTAGRAM
- THE WORD OF GOD
- YOU HAVE TO KNOW IT !!!!
Instead of scrolling looking at filth and then wondering why you’re bound in addiction, get the Word out and let it get into you.
- GOD HAS ALREADY DONE IT
- IT IS FINISHED
MOVE FROM WHERE YOU ARE TO WHERE HE IS
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” -Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
The Word doesn’t move God. It moves me to where HE IS to where I’m called to be.
- I don’t want to just do church.
SEE A REVIVAL HAPPENING IN MY CITY
- City where I’m from
- We often think, “This is not what I thought it would be.”
Did you think the CALL OF GOD WAS GOING TO BE SMOOTH SAILING? Did you think this was going to be easy?
We too often allow what we do to be dictated by how we feel
The most powerful prayers are the ones you don’t feel like praying
Your most powerful worship is when you don’t feel like worshipping
Ignore your flesh and engage your spirit
When you don’t feel like it and you still do it, faith is activated
- NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER
START TO DECLARE THE WORD OF GOD OVER YOUR LIFE
“The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;” -Psalm 37:23 (CSB)
WE ARE GOING TO OVERCOME THIS
- CONTINUE TO WALK AND START TO WALK A LITTLE FASTER
- DECLARE THE WORD OF GOD OVER YOUR LIFE. THEN YOUR FEELINGS FOLLOW THAT.
YOU HAVE SAT IN so many services and done swat nothing with it.
IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GET UP
THERE IS AN ANOINTING ON YOUR LIFE AND YOU ARE CALLED TO DO SOMETHING GREAT. Get up.
Pastor Jentezen Franklin closed out our day two of challenging and Holy Spirit filled messages! I sensed a burden on his spirit to deliver this message to our generation. The enemy has sought to clog up the wells the Lord has flowed through in the past! It’s time you and I, my friend, dig out the things of the world that have sought to mess up the flow of the Lord. It’s time we embrace revival and all the workings of the Holy Spirit. These are notes I wouldn’t skim through if I was you. They are really important and life giving.
Pastor Jentezen Franklin
“And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them.” -Genesis 26:18 (KJV)
*dirt in the well
*new generation couldn’t get to the water because it was so stopped up by dirt
- Blockage between them and the water
- A well is a pit or hole in the earth to provide water.
You can’t get to the water without going through the pit.
This is a well that’s going to impact your children and children’s children.
“A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.” -Proverbs 13:22 (KJV)
A good church leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.
- We weren’t just digging a well for us there.
Every time we live the Truth, we are securing it for another generation.
- EVERY TIME
- DIGGING A WELL FOR THE NEXT GENERATION
- THE ENEMY AND WORLD’S PLAN IS TO THROW SO MUCH DIRT IN THE WELLS OUR GODLY LEADERS HAVE DUG.
- THEY TRY TO MUDDY UP, DILUTE, AND POLLUTE OUR SOURCE OF WATER.
- THERE IS JOY AND PURITY IN THE RIVER
THERE IS DIRT THE ENEMY WANTS TO THROW IN ANCIENT WELLS THAT HAVE BEEN DUG.
WE MUST USE THE SHOVEL OF CONSECRATION TO GET THE DIRT AND COMPROMISE OUT OF THE WELL.
- FILL ME FULL OF JESUS LIKE I HAVE NEVER BEEN FILLED BEFORE!
- WE MUST HAVE AN ENCOUNTER WITH THE LIVING WATER
- “GET THE DIRT OUT OF ME SO THE WATER CAN FLOW!”
- NEW CREATION experience with JESUS CHRIST
WE ARE THE GENERATION TO DIG THE WELL OF REVIVAL AND REPENTANCE
REDIG THE WELL OF POWERFUL PREACHING AND PROPHESYING
GET THE DIRT OUT AND GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE NEXT STEP. HE WILL GIVE YOU A WORD AND FULFILL HIS PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE!
- PURE WATER MIXED WITH ANYTHING IMPURE IS MUDDY WATER
- WE MUST BE AFTER CLEAR WATER
DON’T LET THE SPIRIT OF THIS AGE CLOG UP YOUR WELL
- YES, I BELIEVE
- ABRAHAM DUG WELLS AND NAMED THEM AFTER PEOPLE WHO HAD DUG WELLS IN THAT FAMILY
- ISAAC DIDN’T RENAME THE WELLS
- REPENT AND BE WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS
ARE YOU ASHAMED OR ARE YOU PROCLAIMING THE NAME OF JESUS??
There are only two places we will all spend eternity. There is Heaven and there is Hell.
- YOU CAN’T RENAME IT TO BE POSITIVE ALL OF THE TIME
- WE MUST HAVE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE WIRES TO RUN A CAR
SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO BE BLISTERED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. IT’S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU BEING BLESSED.
There are three wells that we must dig again.
1- THE WELL OF WORSHIP
- Praise is God’s address
- In battle, there are offensive warships.
USE WORSHIP AGAINST THE ENEMY
- IF YOU’RE WORRYING ALL THE TIME, YOU’RE NOT WORSHIPPING ENOUGH
IT IS NOT A SHOW OR ENTERTAINMENT. WORSHIP IS THE WAY WE ACCESS THE VERY PRESENCE OF JESUS!
- LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD
IF YOU DON’T WORSHIP IN PRIVATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WORSHIP IN PUBLIC.
YOU DON’T NEED A MIC. YOU NEED A SHOVEL.
2- THE WELL OF SACRIFICE
- PUT IT ALL ON THE ALTAR
- DON’T THINK THAT YOUR CHRISTIANITY DOESN’T COST YOU ANYTHING
- WE NEED TO BE ACTIVELY FASTING.
3- THE WELL OF MIRACLES
- LAYING HANDS ON THE SICK
- FAITH IS SPELLED R I S K
- MISSIONS FIELD
- WALKING BY FAITH AND BEING STRETCHED
- DIG THE WELL OF FAITH
- Doubt and unbelief is plugging up the well of faith.
- MY REDEEMER LIVES! IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE ATHEIST PROFESSOR THINKS.
WHEN THE RIVER LEAVES, THE RESOURCES DRY UP
If the River leaves me, I have NOTHING!
The Lamb’s book of life is not listed in family names. We must have our own faith and our own walks with God. We will not receive salvation or intimacy with the Creator of the World because of who our parents or grandparents are.
Hang in here with me! Don’t stop reading now. This next pastor said some things that will grab your attention for sure! Pastor Levi Lusko didn’t shy away from a topic many people and even pastors do. We opened up and discussed the topics of sex, dating, and marriage! This was very beneficial! I heard so many good reports on this message. Young people are constantly filled with the wrong view of sex today. I believe believers and church groups need to be speaking out on God’s view of this topic more passionately and consistently!
Pastor Levi Lusko
Have you ever heard the story about pineapples? They were apparently discovered the year after Columbus founded the places he did. Pineapples were brought to Europe in 1493! Since no one had ever seen one before, pineapples were highly valued. People would pay $8,000 to own one and even spent money to rent them. If someone had a pineapple at their party, it was to be observed and respected by all! No one would dare try to chop one up to eat it. Since nobody had pineapples, everybody wanted them! When pineapples started to come in abundance, the less people were set on buying them. Now you and I don’t think much at all about pineapples. Instead of buying them whole in stores, many of us get them packaged in chunks! Something that was once set apart, beautiful, and observed is now sold in chunks. This relates so well with how our society views sex and marriage. Pastor Levi mentions the way social media has impacted the way we interact and engage in relationships today. We do not need to cheapen what is so holy and beautiful!
SEX AND ROMANCE // GODS THOUGHTS ON DATING
GOD HAS SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOUR LOVE LIFE THAN THE ENEMY DOES
WE CANT REACH A WORLD WE HAVE ABANDONED
- IN THE WORLD NOT OF THE WORLD
- FIGURE OUT LIFE WITH THE INTERNET
- EXODUS 2:12
There is such a thing as doing the right thing in the wrong way at the wrong time.
Don’t give into a good feeling in the wrong setting.
- It’s not a bad thing to have a sex drive. It’s bad to let sex drive.
- “I have you doing this but not right now.”
“IT’S GOING TO BE SO MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU DO IT MY WAY.”
Sex was God’s idea in the first place. ITS NOT THE DEVIL’S IDEA.
Sex is GOD’S GIFT to us.
SEX IS POWERFUL, BUT WE MUST KNOW HOW TO USE IT. We must follow instructions so we don’t hurt ourselves.
- One flesh-marriage bed
- 1 man // 1 woman // all lifetime
A fire thrives inside of a fire pit. People can roast hotdogs and toast marshmallows inside of the fire. It is a beautiful thing. When a fire is in the wrong setting though, like a house, it will burn down and destroy whatever it touches.
In the right arena, sex is honorable. You shouldn’t be embarrassed about that! On the other hand, God knows sex can destroy us. We must do things in His setting if we want to enjoy the full beauty of what He has for us.
God has something for you. He isn’t taking something from you.
SEX MUST BE AN ULTRA GUARDED AND CAREFUL EXPERIENCE
WHAT IS OFFERED TO EVERYBODY IS DESIRED BY NOBODY
LOVE IS WORTHY OF POEMS AND SCULPTURES. NOT STABBED WITH TOOTHPICKS. This relates back to the pineapple idea.
3 LIES ABOUT SEX:
1- SEX IS JUST A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
“‘Everything is permissible for me,’ but not everything is beneficial. ‘Everything is permissible for me,’ but I will not be mastered by anything.” -1 Corinthians 6:12 (CSB)
- Sex involves you on the deepest parts of you
- GUARD YOUR HEART
- What impacts your love life impacts all of your life
- SEX WEAVES SOULS TOGETHER
- THINGS HAPPEN ON THE INSIDE WHEN YOU CONNECT ON THE OUTSIDE
- WHAT’S INSIDE IS PRECIOUS AND VALUABLE
Think of sex as a post it note. The more you stick it, the less sticky it becomes. The more you have sex with people before you are married, the less you will be able to give to the person you will one day marry.
2- I CAN DO WHAT I WANT AND HAVE WHAT GOD WANTS
When you try to “get things out of your system” by playing around with a gift God has for you, you aren’t doing something harmless. You are actually picking it up to bring it into your future marriage system. What you do now matters.
You can’t sow sin and reap blessings.
- Marriages can disintegrate from things people loaded in their lives before they ever got together.
- GOD’S PLANS ARE BETTER THAN THE DEVIL’S
We sometimes do things under the “plan to apologize later.” While God does forgive us when we come to Him with repentant hearts, our Father would much rather be using us now than forgiving us later.
DON’T BE SO FOCUSED ON NOT GOING TO HELL THAT YOU MISS OUT ON DOING SOMETHING FOR HEAVEN!
- EVEN WITH FORGIVENESS, THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES
- LIFE IS A WAR TO BE WAGED. IT’S NOT A GAME TO PLAY.
- The devil doesn’t care about you. He tries to take you out to HURT GOD!!!
The devil wants to take you out in the bedroom so you’re not out in the battlefield.
You can’t do what you want now and have what God has for you later.
3- “I ALREADY MESSED UP SO THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME.”
YOU CAN HONOR God after you’ve made mistakes
- The enemy always tries to tell us there’s no hope because we’ve already messed up
YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER YET
There is always more hope for you.
- You are a HOME for God’s Spirit
- BE IN THE FIELD MEDITATING AND DOING WHAT GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO DO
LATER LASTS LONGER
NOW CALLS LOUDER
- DONT SETTLE OR COMPROMISE
That sermon was SO GOOD! I hope something from it spoke to you! Before our last session of Forward Conference 2019, Pastor Jentezen Franklin did a little Q & A time. Here’s some of his wise advice!
- You’ll start sensing your purpose in little ways.
- After you find salvation, the greatest blessing God could put on your life is the FAVOR OF GOD.
Consecration builds the favor of God in your life.
- You can grow in favor.
EVERYBODY IN FLESH DEALS WITH FLESH
WHAT’S WRONG IS WHEN THE FLESH GETS IN YOUR WALK
- AM I GROWING IN THE FAVOR OF GOD??
The secret to success is in your daily routine.
- Have a place in the woods to go PRAY
- DAILY PRAYER WALKS
HAVE A PLACE OF PRAYER AND A TIME OF PRAYER
TALK TO THE LORD AND READ YOUR BIBLE WITH CONSISTENCY
IF YOU DEEPEN, GOD WILL BROADEN !!!
- The deeper you go into Him, the more opportunities God gives you and broadens your ministry
- Don’t shrink back in intimidation
- I am who I am by the grace of God and that’s enough
- My gift will make room for me and the Gift is in me.
Lastly, Pastor Reggie Dabbs walked around the arena in vulnerability in our last session together! He didn’t even preach a normal sermon. He went around and spoke life over individuals and shared that God is with us in our brokenness and hurt. We felt Jesus in the place this night.
Pastor Reggie Dabbs
Recap of the previous sermons:
I’M GETTING BETTER
At some point you come to the end of you
“There was an issue in my body I couldn’t fix.”
“It’s not God who needs to move. It’s you who has to move.”
DIG IT UP
“Faith is spelled R I S K.”
“If you believe what God is doing, you will TRUST GOD.”
With every mistake, hell wants to MANE you. Heaven wants to MAKE YOU.
- TURN YOUR PHONE OFF AND LOOK ME IN THE EYE
ITS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
- YOU WERE MEANT TO BE HERE
- TURN THE WORLD OFF AND LOOK JESUS IN THE EYE
- YOUR FUTURE IS YOUR DESTINY
- YOUR PAST IS YOUR HISTORY
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” -Psalm 34:18 (NIV)
Read your Bible, pray, and have your time with JESUS FIRST.
- Do you look at the King first?
YOU ARE NEVER ALONE
- DON’T RUN FROM HIM. RUN TO HIM TONIGHT
I WONT STOP
I WONT QUIT
I KNOW WHO HE IS
I KNOW WHAT HE HAS DONE
KEEP MY EYES ON JESUS
YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TOOLS TO CHANGE THE WORLD
NO MATTER WHAT IT IS
If you have made it to the end of this post, let me know in the comments below! I may be doing a giveaway and want to include your name in the mix of potential winners! 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to let the powerful messages from this conference seep into your heart. I hope and pray that this post blesses you, ushers in the Holy Spirit into your life, and renews your vision on some things. I am thankful for you, who you are, all the time you spend seeking the Lord, and the ways you serve Him! Never stop. Don’t give up. Let’s move forward and embrace this current season our Savior has us in.