Last school year I baked for my class and peers quite frequently. To: share God’s love, show that I cared about them, and somehow make a difference. Along with doing this, I would write cards. I did these things with right + pure motives, but when things start to become familar, it’s easy to do them out of habit. That’s what brings me to today.
If we’re not careful, our actions will be led by what we want others to think of us. We will do “Godly” acts of kindness, participate in christian clubs + events, but why? Why do we do the things we’re doing? Is it to make ourselves look better or is it with pure motives? To glorify God, and point others to Him.
I have recently been worried with the thoughts that if I am not baking, writing cards, or giving constant encouragement through material things then my fruit isn’t going to be evident. That my light won’t be shining as it should be.
I heard this at the United Conference: Jesus is more concerned with you being rather than doing.
We’re always on the go, busy, thinking that the amount of things we’re doing defines who we are. Jesus wants us to be focused on Him. When we’re focused on Him we are: growing, being molded, and will have His fruit evident in our lives without thinking twice about it. It will be what comes out, because that’s what we’re being filled with. Our flesh and spirit are in constant war.
Here are a few plans of action to take in having victory over the flesh:
- Have meaningful time in the Bible + prayer daily
- Invest in the friendships + things that point you closer to Christ, and set your soul more on fire for Him
- Realize your weaknesses, and pray about them
- Focus on your beauty that comes from within
- Be so focused on Jesus, who He is, and your relationship with Him that you’re living for an audience of One
- Make sure you’re being spiritually fed and filled
- Live out your faith// walk with Christ
Let yourself rest in Jesus tonight, tomorrow, + every day. Find your peace + joy in being in Him, and watch the ways He will do things through you. Your fruit is evident. Your light is shining.
Living and learning in His freedom,